Aims & Principles
The aims and principles of the ROCA Heritage Group are formed to complement the work undertaken by the Royal Observer Corps Association and other related ROC museums and collections. The key aims are:-
- To strive for the safeguarding, investigation and preservation of the Royal Observer Corp's past, and to act as a key focus for the dissemination of knowledge about the organisation.
- Support the archival infrastructure in the United Kingdom and especially to support any archives relating to World War 2, the Cold / Nuclear War.
- To ensure that records of events, individuals persons and individual groups relating to the ROC are kept for future generations.
- To record and support the independent organisations, museums, collections and individuals who have preserved items and infrastructure relating to the Royal Observer Corps.
- To provide a main focus for organisations, researchers and educational establishments, wishing to gain greater knowledge of the role of the ROC.
- To provide assistance in the promotion and display of ROC related materials to other organisations, museums and individuals as per an effective archival policy.